LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® is a globally recognized testing and certification system for safe leather products that do not pose health risks.
What is LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX®?
When purchasing leather products, more and more consumers want to know that the product is safe and does not pose any risk to health.
LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® product labels enhance consumer confidence, thereby enhancing your company's credibility.
Our test methods are based on the comprehensive LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® standard.
The limit values ??required by LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® go far beyond national and international norms. The test criteria are updated at least annually, taking into account the latest scientific findings.
What are the advantages of LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX®?
- Improved product safety for consumers
- Increased customer confidence
- Improve the credibility of your company
- Tested by an independent agency
- Limit values ??and test standards far exceed international standards
- The standard catalog is updated annually
- Globally standardized independent labelling of leather and leather products
- Complements the internal quality management system
- Help with compliance issues (such as REACH)
Who is LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® suitable for?
The LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® certification applies to all leather products at all stages of processing. The LEATHER STANDARD also applies even if the product is only partly made of leather.
Leather, leather goods and hides made from exotic species or protected animals such as crocodiles, snakes and armadillos cannot be certified.
- Manufacturer of semi-finished products (wet blue, wet white, etc.)
- Finished Leather Producer
- Manufacturer of finished goods: leather fiber materials, leather accessories, leather gloves, leather bags, leather shoes, certain leathers (e.g. sheepskin, lambskin, cowhide), leather upholstery