The Birth of JT-Biobased Synthetic Leather
- Year 2003. Junteng has always been searching for the perfect combination of cutting-edge fashion and eco-sustainability since we established in 2003.
- Year 2013. As our first factory established in 2013, we've launching the R&D project of Biobased synthetic leather.
- Year 2021. After 5 years of researching and developing, the new biobased line COBOO which has represented perfectly the eco-sustainable embodiment of this concept. The new production technology for these products uses bio-derived raw materials that reduce and limit the environmental impact compared to traditional raw materials.
- The backing is made from bamboo and corn stalks. Bamboo is an easily renewable resource, while corn stalks are normally a wasted byproduct that gets burned and discarded after reaping.
- And the coating is made of natural rubber, starch resin, and biobased waterborne resin, which guarantee their durability around 3-5 years.
The COBOO will take about 250 days for biodegrading and releasing the CO2 and H2O only after landfill.
Resource: It's made of plants, which is a renewable resource.
Carbon emissions: the carbon emissions of its production are much lower than the traditional fossil-based synthetic leather.
Land pollution: it will not make the land pollution as it could be biodegradable.
It provides an additional income stream for the communities involved in corn and bamboo farming.
Animals killed: None
Its production does not need to kill or harm any animals.
Catact us to get the catalog of it !